Even from afar, the medieval Marien Church points the way to the city of Pasewalk in Pomerania. The three-aisled building towers over the surrounding area as one of the most important north German brick churches.
Already in the second half of the 12th century, the first mention of a "market church" of the castle Pozdewolk was made on a document. On these foundations, the building that has been so impressive to this day has emerged. The nave dates from the years 1325 to 1350. Over time, the inner and outer appearance was changed several times until the mid-19th century. The greatest damage suffered the church in the last days of the war of World War II in 1945. Only since 1994, the church shines again in ancient splendor. The interior work ended with the renovation of the North Chapel in 2005.