The Stadthalle Greifswald is one of the central concert and event venues and at the same time one of the sights of the University and Hanseatic City of Greifswald.
The town hall is connected to the neighbouring Greifswald site of the Vorpommern Theatre and is thus part of a larger building complex consisting of a theatre house and town hall. It was built from 1913 to 1915 in the neo-classical style. The Stadthalle has two halls, the somewhat smaller "Rubenowsaal", named after Heinrich Rubenow, and the large "Kaisersaal". The Kaisersaal, which has been restored according to the historical model, has 450 seats in the stalls and another 150 seats in the gallery.