Castle Chapel Ludwigsburg

The Ludwigsburg Castle Chapel goes back to a branch church of the nearby Eldena Monastery dedicated to St. Nicholas on this site. Our church was renewed and became the castle chapel when Duchess Sophie Hedwig of Pomerania Wolgast received the then place Darsim (Dersem) from her husband, Duke Ernst Ludwig, as a Leibgedinge and built the castle here in 1592. There she called the place her Ludwigshoff, which then became our Ludwigsburg.


Details at a glance

Schlosskirche Ludwigsburg

17509 Ludwigsburg