The Renaissance palace Ludwigsburg was built between 1577 and 1592 as a widow's seat for Hedwig Sophie von Pommern-Wolgast. After her death in 1631, the palace changed hands several times, until it was sold in 1810 to the merchant Weissenborn from Greifswald. In 1776, the estate and the castle was taken over by Lieutenant Colonel Friedrich Ernst Sebastian von Klinkowström. His son Friedrich August von Klinkowström was born there on 31 August 1778 as the second of eleven children. His birth was entered into the parish register of the Church of the Holy Cross in Kemnitz.
Following the restitution of property by the communist regime in 1945, the estate was not maintained and fell into disrepair. Since 1998, the support association “Schloss- und Gutshofanlage Ludwigsburg e. V” together with the Weissenborn family have making efforts to rebuild the palace complex. Four times a year, the Ludwigsburg "herb and smoke-cure market” with its artisans is hosted there. During high season, the complex also hosts changing art exhibitions, artistic events, readings and concerts. The complex (herb garden) is open to visitors all the year round. The palace history exhibition is open to visitors daily between 8.30 a.m. and 2.30 p.m. During these opening hours, the guided tour of the palace also includes the permanent exhibition of works by Friedrich August von Klinkowström - the romantic artist from Ludwigsburg. Guided palace tours currently have to be booked over the phone - Sat/Sun by arrangement only. Northern German romantic period route - Ludwigsburg palace - The home region of Klinkowström. The von Klinkowström family purchased the palace two years before the birth of Friedrich August von Klinkowström. Von Klinkowström was baptised in the nearby village of Kemnitz in September 1778. He had ten siblings, and his drawing talent was promoted early on. Following his father’s wishes, he started a career in the Prussian military at the age of 14; he aborted this to devote himself to his art. His friend Caspar Friedrich helped him. A short time later, von Klinkowström went to Dresden with Caspar Friedrich, but he returned to Ludwigsburg in 1806. Only two years later, he left his home town to travel. He worked as a teacher in Vienna until his death in 1835.
Wir verwenden auf unseren Seiten Cookies, um die Funktionalität unserer Webseite zu gewährleisten, Inhalte und Anzeigen zu personalisieren und Zugriffe auf unsere Website zu analysieren. Für weitere Details zur Verwendung von Cookies und Ihrer Widerspruchsmöglichkeit (Opt-Out) erhalten Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung. Cookies sind bereits beim Aufrufen der Webseite aktiviert und durch die weitere Nutzung der Webseite stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu.