Karlsburg Castle in Vorpommern was once owned by the Bismarck-Bohlen family.
The representative baroque palace was built in 1773. Until 1945, the castle was privately owned. The last castle lords were the noble family von Bismarck-Bohlen. Thereafter, the castle was used as a diabetic home and laboratory building, from which the Klinikum Karlsburg, one of the most important medical institutions for heart and metabolic diseases, developed. Today, the modern clinic is located in the immediate vicinity of the castle and the extensive castle park, which was created in the 19th century after the model of English landscaped gardens