The Town Hall Greifswald dates back to the 14th century and is located in the Center of the hanseatic town.
Mentioned for the first time the town hall in the middle of the market place of Greifswald was rebuilt and set up multiple times throughout the centuries. The town hall’s foundation walls are probably from around 1250. It obtained its luminous bloody-red paint during the last lavish sanitation in 1997. Today the former rathskeller of the baroque construction counts as one of the most beautiful marriage rooms of the region. The town hall is the mayor’s office and is located at the center of the university and hanseatic town Greifswald.