Chapel St. Jürgen

The St. Jürgen Chapel in Wolgast is a medieval church building that was first mentioned in a document in 1420.

Built in the 15th century, St. Jürgen's Chapel was first used as a hospital for the poor, the sick and strangers, and at the beginning of the 18th century as a plague house with an associated cemetery. The following generations used it as a church for the poor and for burial. After the Second World War, extensive renovation work was carried out. Today the chapel is used as a winter church and function room.


Details at a glance

Kapelle St. Jürgen

Breite Straße 12
17438 Wolgast